Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Day 8: Breweries (and a Rehearsal Dinner)

The hubs and I got up, went to breakfast at the hotel and ran into friends of my parents. We chatted with them for a little while, went back to the room, then I went to the hotel gym and worked out for a while. Got ready, then headed to the 16th Street Mall and poked around a bit, but there weren't any shops we were really dying to go in so we ventured to Great Divide Brewery.  We got there right after they opened and it was a good thing because the place got busy quickly.  I had no idea that many people drank at noon on Friday.  I'm not a big beer fan, but I tried two samples and I liked one of them--it was some sort of sour.
After about an hour or so, we walked a mile to another brewery, Epic.  I got a small flight there and didn't really like any of them.  We also ordered some pretzels to absorb the beer.  Mike did like his beer.  I think he even got a t-shirt there.
Then we walked a short distance to Our Mutal Friend where we split a flight of fruity beers--thought since they were fruity I'd love them, but no luck.  Our last stop was Stem Cider Company.  I tried two small ciders there and really liked one of them.  I also had the best vegetarian crepe of my life outside Stem. I think the guy who made it was high, but he was a riot and the crepe was delicious.  I kind of wanted to get a dessert one too, but we had to head back to the hotel to get ready for the rehersal dinner.  Mike had a s'mores crepe, Happy Camper or something like that, he enjoyed it.
Anyway, we Ubered back to the hotel, got ready, then Ubered to the rehersal dinner--good ol' traffic (and a little poor planning on my part) made us 15 minutes late.  The food was pretty good--big portions.  After dinner (it was only 7), we rode with my parents to my brother's house.  He and his fiance were having a party for everyone who was in town--local or out of towners--for the wedding.  It was nice to see his friends from home and meet some of his friends from CO that I had not met yet.  We stayed 'til around 10, then rode back to the hotel with my parents.

     



No comments: