Friday, November 19, 2010

The Bright Side--and since the electricity is back, there really is a bright side

So I have several things I would like to whine about like the fact that I should be at The Cheesecake Factory right now instead of in my semi-cold house, my cold night last night, and the fact that I have diagnosed myself with an undiagnosted anxiety/stress/I am a freak disorder. We could call it Crazy Cat Syndrome or Crazy Cathy Syndrome? Or not...
But I did say in a recent blog that I would write about something happy soon so here are a few positive spins on things from the past week:

-My car problems the other day (and expenses) were really annoying, but on the other hand, I got it done so I don't have to spend my Saturday or part of my Thanksgiving break hanging around waiting for a mechanic

-Having no heat was AWFUL, but PSNH did come out less than an hour after I called them and fixed the problem in under three hours (there will however be a future blog about this since I like to whine)

-I don't like beer, but I learned about this dish where you make beer chicken by sticking a beer can in a chicken's bum. I'm sorry, I may sound completely freakish, but that totally made me laugh. Who knew! Speaking of learning things I also learned a new word today (zambone, thanks to a student's yogurt) and I learned that they make boots for dogs. I don't have a dog so that doesn't really impact my life, but I thought it was cute.

-I finally met some of my neighbors and they were really nice (and they made me feel young b/c one of them told me about his 84-year-old kid brother)

-Even though I can't go to the TCF tonight, I've been told someone is going to bring back some cheesecake for me

-Next week is only a two day work week.

-Unwined last weekend with the girls=good times

-I finally found time to read a book this week!

Okay so it might not have been a positive as I could have been, but I think I found some good things to say about the past week, right? Hope you all have a good weekend (I say that like I'm talking to 100 people instead of the 2-4 of you who read my blog ).

No comments: