Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bumper Stickers and Outer Space

So I am totally behind in blogland because life keeps getting in the way. Funny how it does that sometimes. Jobs, meetings, housework, okay, okay, and I may have had a social event once or twice too. Anyway, the other day I was out and about and the car in front of me had a bumper sticker on it that something along the lines of "Aww let Pluto be a planet." Now goodness knows why, but that inspired two thoughts for a blog. One being bumper stickers and Two: planets and outer space. I am not anti-bumper stickers, I have one, but mine is pretty safe and neutral in the grand scheme of life, but I tell you some people's bumper stickers are scary. They're so scary and preachy--can't we all just get along people? Others crack me up and I'm sure people think I'm nuts when they see me alone in my car laughing at apparently nothing. Anyway, I'm not going to go on a bumper sticker tangent (you're welcome), instead let's talk about space.

First, I find it weird that something can just stop being a planet. Pluto was a planet when I was a kid. Of course when I was a kid, there were only four oceans and now there's five. Did you get the memo on that? Because it happened several years ago, but I just found out last year. Guess I'm a little slow. Good thing I found out before I did my unit on oceans. Anyway, so as I was driving along, I started thinking about Pluto, the former planet and do you ever wonder about space? I haven't given it much thought since an astronomy unit years ago in school, but thinking about Pluto got me thinking about space and do you ever wonder if there's anything else out there? I'm not saying I do or I don't think there is, truthfully, I have no idea. If there is life out there, I hope it's nice and not like some scary movie that I can't handle watching. Alf would be okay, he seemed nice enough. And I think ET was nice too, right? Though truth be told if Alf or ET showed up on my doorstep, I might pass out or freak out and go running out the back door far far away out of fear. Okay, there's my little tangent. Hopefully, you don't think I'm even crazier than we all ready know I am for my unusual blog topic. Happy December All! (um, how is it nearly December? Wasn't it Halloween 2 seconds ago?)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

No- Halloween was 1 second ago. We're still eating trick or treat candy.