Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A New Home and I'm not Home

So I was all excited to have my own place, and don't get me wrong, I still am, but now that I have my own place, I feel like I'm never home. How does that work? The past few weeks I've had stuff to do every day after work and some busy weekends. Some of it has been fun stuff, which I've enjoyed and some of it, well, it hasn't (see my previous blog re: siding). I have, however, had time to enjoy having friends over so that's been nice. Want to hear how pathetic I've become? I had last Thursday off from work and I didn't want to leave the house because it was the first day I didn't have to go anywhere--well, not until 5:00 anyway when I had a dance class (yes, I take a dance class). It was a struggle to leave the house and run errands, in fact, I'm so pathetic, I didn't go anywhere until after 2:30 and then I had to rush to finish in time for dance. I'm looking forward to spending a night in doing nothing but lounging on the couch watching tv/movies or reading a book. When did I become an old woman? I have a deck at my home and I was so excited to use it, but I was so busy cleaning, painting, and unpacking during the nice weather seasons that I didn't have time to enjoy it, and now it's too cold to use it these days, oops! Perhaps over Thanksgiving break once the house is clean, the errands are run, the car is inspected, the last two boxes are unpacked, I can finally sit and relax in my new home and actually enjoy it. But if not, well, at least I finally have my own place to whine about not being at it. Ironic.

No comments: