Friday, November 19, 2010

Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut and Sometimes You Are a Nut

Is it just me or can some people make you go crazy? So as you know from the last blog, I had no heat the other day and no electricity the following day. In the grand scheme of life, it wasn't a huge deal, but as we all no not having electricity is annoying-- you can't see, you can't blog (had to throw that in there), you can't cook (well, I can't b/c I have an electric stove), etc. I needn't go on, I assume you've all been without power before. My biggest complaint was probably the lack of heat because I get cold so darn easily. Anyway, when I lost power and PSNH said I was the only one, I needed an electrician (correction we thought I needed an electrician, PSNH ultimately had to come out) so I called someone for a suggestion. Said person offered one and life was peachy. I set up the appointment and life continued normally for approximately five minutes. Unfortunately, said person mentioned my electrical issue to someone else who will now be known as S.E. for short (short for someone else, get it? ha ha ha, okay, it wasn't really funny at all). SE freaked out and called me at the bright hour of 7:15 this am (I was at work because it was warm there) and said this was a huge deal, I could have a fire, etc. SE had me darn near convinced my house was going to be on fire or burned down by the time I got home. As we all know I stress easily and I was exhausted from lack of sleep. Amazingly though, I did manage to be on my best behavior at work and was probably obnoxiously hyper--think I was going on fumes, but behind the perky smile I was still slightly worried about my house not being there. (Fear not, it is still standing)
A year or two ago my check engine light came on (is anyone surprised???) so I brought it to my mechanic who referred me to someone else b/c it was a transmission code. I took it there and it turned out to be something minor (ironically ages later I did have a real transmission problem, but I digress). SE had me convinced I was going to need a new car and I certainly couldn't afford one if I was trying to save for a condo so what was I going to do. I was a wreck. They fixed the problem and it didn't end up being too expensive.
The day before I closed on my new home SE found a lien on the property and said I wouldn't be able to close on my home the next day. I made a phone call, the lien was taken care of, and for better or worse I am a home-owner now, but I was scared for a little while there.
I don't know, maybe some people just always think the worst (I'm guilty of it too, remember my wood blog) or like to make a big deal out of things or maybe the above is totally irrelevant (did I spell that correctly) and I'm just nuts, but we need a few nuts in life, right? At least I know I'm slightly nutty, that's gotta make me less nutty, right? Maybe?

No comments: