Monday, August 8, 2011

Game Night

I'm into games lately. I've hosted/attended several games nights and I'm hosting another one this weekend. It's funny how life goes in phases. I liked games when I was a kid, then stopped playing for years, then in my pre-teens/teenage years would play a few games with my best friend and a couple of other friends. Then aside from the ocassional card game in college (we'll leave it at that lol) and a few competitve games of Trivia Pursuit at family parties, I didn't really play games for years. Now it's the in thing to do. I've recently discovered Apples to Apples and I love it. Scattegories, which I previously hadn't played in years in enjoyable as is Taboo (one of my favorites). Even Scrabble is cool again (as is the itouch version, Words With Friends). My friend also introduced me to Catchphrase, which is fun. Game Night is now a nice cheap FUN way to spend an evening. We always have a few laughs. Perhaps I'm getting old, but these days I'm all for staying in with some food and drinks and some good games with good friends. Anyone want to play Bananagrams? :)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I would LOVE to come to your game night. I would LOVE to play all of those games. I would LOVE to have some food and drink and laughs with you. I'm afraid though that the price of an airplane ticket would make it a very expensive night for me.

Perhaps: Game night at my house in 2012? We still have to work out the details of early vs late 2012.