Friday, October 26, 2012

1 Goal Achieved, 1 Goal Almost Achieved

On July 17th, I blogged about some (rather silly) summer goals I set for myself.  I was going to watch 20 movies and read 10 books over the summer.  I meant to write this blog earlier (you know at the end of the summer), but you know me, I'm always behind in blog life.  Plus then I got excited writing about Iceland, wedding stuff, and my 52 dishes.  Anyway...I only met one of my goals and came close on the other, but no dice.  I'll start with the books, the goal I didn't quite meet and you can check back tomorrow for the movie goal, which proved more successful.  What's that you say?  You don't believe I'm going to write a blog tomorrow because that would mean I blogged two days in a row and I've been slacking lately.  Well, you're right, I'm not going to write it tomorrow, I'm going to do it now, but schedule it to post tomorrow.  :-) 
I only ended up reading 8 books instead of 10.  I think I spent too much time on movies and the computer.  Next summer, I'll do better (I hope!).  Here's what I read:

1.  The Wedding Girl (Cute chick lit)
2 . The Brightest Star in the Sky (this was by Marian Keyes, who is one of my favorite authors when you want a combo of chick lick intertwined with some larger/more serious issues, I enjoyed this book.)
3. Catching Fire (second book in The Hunger Games, it was pretty good.  I originally had NO desire to read this series, but so many people kept telling me I "had" to read it that I gave it a try so of course after reading the first book, I "had" to read the second, now I need to get the third one.)
4. Eat, Pray, Love (I was a little nervous on this one because several people told me they didn't like this book, but I enjoyed it.  I liked the movie too.)
 
5. Fearless Fourteen (by Janet Evanovich, her books are good for a fun/light summer read, I've read her other 13 "Stephanie Plum" novels so had to read this one too)
6. Salem Falls (I enjoy Jodi Piccoult's book and this was no exception, good book)
7. Here Comes the Bride (sequel to a book I read YEARS ago, I liked this book a lot, the main character kind of reminded me of me and where I'm at in life)
8. Plum Lovin' (another Stephanie Plum novel)

No comments: