Sunday, October 21, 2012

Home Again (Sort Of) Bye Iceland, We'll Miss You!

We flew home from Greenland that evening (plane food was decent).  Spent the evening doing a little shopping at the mall near our hotel.  Then because it was our last night in Iceland we decided to go to a local restaurant/bar for food and drink.  As it turned out, nothing was open within walking distance of our hotel (we were no longer staying in the heart of Rek) so we went down to the lobby, had a glass of Icelandic beer (yes, me the girl who doesn't like beer, but when in Rome or rather when Iceland...) and hung out in the lobby looking at brochures for all the places we wanted to go next time.  The next day it was off to the airport (last minute souvenir-shopping) then back home.  Or at least near home, I had plans to go away that weekend.  Go figure our flight home landed EARLY.  My fiance had barely left to come get us since our flight was so early.  Overall, it was a great trip. We dropped my friend off then headed up to my friend's lake house for a weekend of fun.  I somehow managed to stay awake long enough to enjoy myself that night, but was glad to sleep in the next day.  :-)  So there ya' go, two months later, I finally finish writing about an 8 day trip.  Ay ay ay.   

No comments: