Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 5

Aren't you glad I didn't go away for a whole month since it's taking me over a month to write about an 8 day trip?  Imagine how long it would take to write about a whole month.  Of course if I were "normal" I'd probably just sit down and write about one day each night, but intsead I throw in recipes and then have the audacity to get busy at work and not blog for a few days.  My goodness!  So day 5, we explored the Lake Myvatan area.  We looked at a look of scenic stuff so I will try not to drone on too long and just let you enjoy pictures.  We temporarily misplaced the car keys (yikes!), but found them a few minutes later (in the tourist info center on the counter, thank goodness!).  We also got a little lost, but since there aren't a lot of roads it didn't take us long to find our way.  Oh, except when we were walking and got lost, not so much lost as somehow ended up on the 6-8 hour hike (with only 1 small bottle of water) instead of the 40 minute hike, but we eventually realized that too and turned around (it just meant some extra exercise lol).  We also saw some more tufted houses.  So here are some pictures from that day: 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: