Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Dish 10 Orange Chicken with Sweet Potatoes

This was the first time I'd ever made anything with sweet potatoes.  I cooked this one in the crockpot, but I still had to do a good amount of prep work.  My friend told me that she and her husband do crockpot Sunday almost every week.  I kind of like this idea and copied her for a few weeks.  This came in especially handy when my oven broke.  We've gotten away from it recently, but I'm thinking of getting started with it again soon. 
This dish came out MUCH better than the last time I did chicken in a crockpot.  Last time I made chicken that way it was so dry, but this was good.  I thought it would taste a little more orangey, but it was pretty good nonetheless, just a different taste than I expected.  I still can't decide if I like sweet potatoes or not.  I'm on a kick where I really like sweet potato fries and when I've been out to eat lately, I've gotten sweet potato fies instead of regular fries, but I'm still up in the air re:  sweet potatoes themselves. 

No comments: