Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy Reflections on 2012

I often see people reflect on the previous year and think ahead to the next year at this time of year.  I'm jumping on the bandwagon.  I was going to do highlights and lowlights, but I changed my mind.  Instead of whining about broken cars and appliances, let's think about happy things intead.  It's more fun.  :) 
-Getting engaged (okay technically that happened in 2011), but it was SO close to 2012 and many people didn't find out about it 'til 2012 that I'm mentioning it now.
-My friend's annual birthday weekend at a lakehouse--mind you this happens in winter so there is no real "lake time" so the weekend consists of eating too much food, drink good drinks, watching movies, playing board games, hanging out, reading, and being LAZY.  2012 was the second (or maybe 3rd???) time we'd done this, it's a tradition I'm quite liking (and one of the few things I like about the month of January)
-Not getting a lot of snow in winter
-A baby shower (friend from work), 2 bridal showers (friend from college and friend from home), and 2 retirement parties (fiance's mom and colleague)
-Two bachelorette parties
-Looking at wedding reception venues
-My friend's fabulous wedding in March
-My second annual friends St. Patrick's Day party
-My first annual (I hope) family St. Patrick's Day party
-Hosting Easter brunch/dinner for the first time ever
-Quality time with some good friends at various points throughout the year
-Gaining a fake mom and a fake sister (long, funny story)
-Celebrating my grandmother's 80th birthday with my relatives at a beach house in VA
-Visting a good friend in VA
-Another friend's fabulous wedding in July
-Iceland and Greenland
-Hosting a few dinners (including a big one in November)
-Two of my friends really fun Halloween themed wedding (I went as Raggedy Ann and my fianec was Raggedy Andy)
-Thanksgiving
-Dueling piano bar (and dinner) to celebrate my birthday
-Chocolate Buffet
-The Nutcracker
-Christmas
-New Year's Eve
I hope for a fabulous 2013 and I wish you all a wonderful year. 

No comments: