Monday, February 10, 2014

Help, I think I need a hummus intervention!

Ever since I began vegan week, I have been eating hummus like it's going out of style:  I have it at lunch, for snack, sometimes even at dinner (with pita chips each time).  I mean it's gotta be better for me than the junk I usually eat, but I think I am out of control, I need an intervention.  I am also hooked on bagels.  I have had one for breakfast every day since vegan week began and I confess I even had one for dinner on days 4 and 5.  Day 4 was because I was being lazy and day 5 was because I was short on time.  I got home from work after 5:30 and had to leave for ballet by 6:30 so with limited time a bagel was an easy solution.  I miss my cream cheese, but I'm doing all right.  I'm not doing so well with coming up with exciting vegan dinners.  So far vegan dinners have been:  rice, pasta, bagels, and vegan pizza. Not terribly original or exciting, but I'm a picky eater.  Lunches continue to be salads, which is normal, but as I said in a previous blog, I've had to watch the dressing choices.  Oh, well,  only a couple of days left to go.  In the mean time, if you run into me any time soon, lock up your hummus and bagels.   

1 comment:

Natalie said...

You could try dipping carrots and cucumber in the hummus. Still tasty and will save you some calories and carbs.