Sunday, February 9, 2014

Vegan Week Continues: Day 3

So not gonna lie, I was a little worried about day 3 because I didn't have to work.  Would all the snacks in the kitchen be too tempting during my free time?  Turns out not so much because I got rid of a lot of the junk in the house a couple of weeks ago.  Sure there is still some candy lying around leftover from Christmas presents I received, but I wasn't craving any.  Also, it turns out one of the hot chocolates someone gave me is vegan so I could still enjoy a hot chocolate after shoveling, I just had to mix it with water instead of milk.  Sorry, but I am not doing fake milk.  As you probably know, one of the main reasons I could never go vegan for real is because of the dairy factor (okay, and to some extent the seafood too, but mostly the dairy).  Anyway, late in the afternoon after a little shoveling, I decided to try the vegan-friendly hot chocolate.  It was good, but it would have been better with milk instead of water.  Oh, well.  Dinner required some careful planning.  Apparently, not all pasta sauce is vegan so a couple of days ago, I found some that was and bought that since the one I had contains cheese.  Also, I MIGHT have unintentionally had a non-vegan drink.  I had a glass of wine on Tuesday night in celebration of not having to work the next day.  Well, I really didn't think wine had any animal products.  I've been to a winery before and they didn't show anything that came from animals, but on the other hand, they don't have to list the ingredients like foods and non-alcoholic drinks so I did some research (too little too late) and I cannot be certain one way or the other.  All I could gather was that it was possible it was not vegan, but not definite.  Foods/drinks I was uncertain about I looked up ahead of time, but really wine?  I guess I just didn't think it would have any animal in it, that'll teach me not to look things up!  So if I did indeed cheat, I swear it wasn't on purpose, it was just stupidity.     

No comments: