Sunday, July 23, 2017

An Olive Mill Tour and A Baseball Game

Friday of vacation, we got up, got ready, and headed to the Olive Mill for breakfast and a tour.  I had some delicious French toast and breakfast potatoes.  Then we did a tour and because it had been like an hour since we'd eaten anything, I had to get ice-cream (and a cupcake to go, but NOT a $9 cupcake).  I also bought olive oil and Arizona wine to take home.  I've just remembered I still have the wine and have not opened it.  Well, now, I have something to look forward to in the near future.  The afternoon involved swimming and reading for me, school for the children, work for Natalie's husband, catching up on some paperwork (I think) for Natalie, and a nap for M.  Then it was off to dinner--M finally got some BBQ food he'd been craving and a Diamonbacks baseball game.  Natalie, one of her sons, and I left in the 8th inning.  The game was fun, but we were getting a bit restless and it was a late night for the kids.  A fruity beverage did help.  :-)  The rest of the crew stayed for the whole game.  It was a fun day and we were sad to have to go home and back to reality the next day.  

No comments: