Friday, July 14, 2017

Tourist Time

We spent Monday being tourists.  The day began with an overpriced water and muffin followed by a ride on the Hop On Hop Off bus.  We got off at the Golden Nugget/Freemont Street to poke around for just a little while.  M wanted to see it since he'd heard about it a bunch and had never been (I'd been there before).  Then we went to the Stratosphere to enjoy the view (and be amazed at the people who bungee jump off of it).  After quite a bit of time waiting for the next Hop On Hop Off bus, we finally did a complete route and then went to Wahlburgers for a late lunch/early dinner.  I had to go back to the hotel because I needed to participate in a webinar for a program I was doing in Germany (which at the rate I'm going, you'll probably read about in a blog post in Octobter).  When that was done, we went to the Bellagio to see their beautiful gardens.  Then we went to Holstein's (where I'd had the enormous turkey burger) to enjoy some grown up milkshakes.  I had the Drunken Money.  I recommend it.  M had a Campfire S'mores. I believe he enjoyed his too.  We played the slots for a little while, then it was back to the hotel to pack up because the nex day we were heading to Arizona.      











No comments: