Thursday, July 20, 2017

Scenic Views and an Overpriced Cupcake

Look at me go with the blog catch up huh?  Come on, pretend to be impressed.  On our next day in Arizona, we went to Jerome and Sedona.  It was a fairly scenic ride out to Jerome in the morning.  It was quite the ride as we were on a mountain for part of it--glad I wasn't the one driving.  :-)  Anyway, we arrived in Jerome late morning and did a bit of shopping.  I bought a Christmas ornament (actually, I bought one for me and one for someone else), pineapple salsa (when I got home I realized I accidentally bought the medium instead of the mild, oops!), and a postcard.  We had lunch at a restaurant called The Asylum, which had some lovely views.  After lunch and some pictures, we continued on to Sedona.  Our first stop was Chapel of the Holy Cross followed by Tllaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village.  It had some nice shops, but mostly it was out of my price range.  I ate a $9 red velvet cheesecake cupcake.  Who the heck spends $9 on a cupcake?  What's wrong with me? I mean it looked good and all, but $9 for a cupcake?  It tasted good, but I've had better (and cheaper).   I'm pretty sure that's the most expensive cupcake I've ever had.  We did a tiny bit of shopping downtown, then went to Sliding Rock to wander around a bit.  Then it was time to head back toward Natalie's house.  We stopped at a sports bar/restaurant for dinner on the way.  All in all it was a nice day, a little tiring, but scenic and enjoyable.





No comments: