Tuesday, July 11, 2017

April Vacation Day 1

Hello!  I'm only working part time this week so in theory at least, I should be able to do some blog catch up.  When we last "spoke," it was around Easter.  About a week after Easter, I had a week off and my husband and I went to Las Vegas and Arizona for a week.  So let's pick up from there.

April 22nd--5 am came mighty quickly for me.  My husband got up even earlier than that, but he gets up earlier than that for work every day anyway.  I struggle with my work day 6:30 wake up call.  Anyway, we took the bus to the airport at 6:00, then boarded our plane shortly before 9.  After a layover in Denver, we arrived in Las Vegas.  The airport there is a hoot, there are slot machines and advertisements for liquor stores--I think that was the first sign I saw in the baggage claim area.  We soon grabbed our luggage, boarded a shuttle to our hotel, checked in, and took a few minutes to get settled.  Then it was off to explore a bit and pick up our tickets for "Recyled Percussion."  By the time we got our tickets, we only had an hour until show time so we wandered around the Miracle Mile Shops for a bit and then headed to the show.  I really enjoyed the show.  It was fun and funny.  We had dinner after the show--I had an enormous turkey burger and didn't have room for a fun drink (we did end up getting fun drinks later in the week, but you'll see that in a future blog).  We did a little gambling and then went back to the room because we were exhausted.  I crashed for the night, but the hubs went out exploring for a little while longer.  It's a rare occurence when he stays up later than me, but he did that night.

No comments: