Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Day 10: An Emotional But Informative Day

This morning we went to Buchenwald Concentration Camp.  It was informative, but emotional.  I mean I learned about WW2 and the Holocaust in school, but to be at an actual camp is well, it's emotional.  It hit me harder than I thought it would.  I was shocked, mad, and sad at all once I think. Our guide was very good, you could tell she really cares about the work she's doing.  Just hearing the stories and later seeing some of the exhibits in the museum is just so heart-breaking.  I feel like I can't even put it into words.   It was a quiet bus ride back to the hotel since I think many of us were still processing what we saw/learned.  (We aren't allowed to post pictures from there hence why you don't see any.)

We had the afternoon free so a few of us went downtown again and wandered around a bit.  Three of us went to the Bauhaus Museum.  It was small, but interesting.  Then it was back to the hotel to hang out until dinner time.  We had a mini tour of Weimar on the way to dinner.  After dinner a few of us went next door to a bar called Texas because one of the guys in our group was from Texas.  We had one drink and a lot of laughs.  Then it was back to the hotel for the night.










   

No comments: