Friday, August 11, 2017

Orientation Part Two and The Flight to Frankfurt

Saturday (day 2) we had breakfast at the hotel, which was pretty good.  I love breakfast food.  Then back up to my room to gather my stuff and check out.  I did somehow manage my luggage on the huge escalator, but I was beginning to understand why they said to pack light and I was glad I did NOT bring my big suitcase.  :)
   Orientation part two involved doing some work with the articles we had been required to read and a bit more information on Germany.  Before we knew it, it was time for a quick lunch as our shuttle would soon be arriving to take us to the airport.
   We took the bus to the airport, checked in, etc. and then had some time before our flight departed.  I chatted with some people in our group and in the other group and I also walked around the airport for a bit as for some reason I had it in my head that the flight was going to be over eight hours long--it wasn't.
  Soon enough, it was time to get on the plane.  I have traveled a fair amount in my life, but I have never been on a plane with an upstairs.  My seat was not upstairs, but I felt like a little kid walknig by.  I was like, what's up there?  Wow!  (Someone in my group thinks it's like ultra first class, better than regular first class seats.)  Maybe I can google image it or something. Anyway, as it turned out it is NOT an 8 hour plane ride to Frankfurt.  It's more like 6 1/2 and since our flight was ready to go on time (amazing!) we had to sit on the plane and wait because we would land too early--you aren't allowed to land before 5am at that airport.  I spent the ride watching movies (I very much enjoyed "Hidden Figures") and reading.  The food was actually decent too.  Sadly, much as I tried to sleep, it just didn't happen so I arrived in Germany happy, but TIRED.  

No comments: