Thursday, August 24, 2017

Day 6: The Last School Visit, A Brewery Tour, and Gorgeous Geisa

Today we left Nuremberg and headed to an all girls school.  That was my favorite school visit.  The students, teachers, and principal were very welcoming.  We learned about their school, their classes, homework load, after school activities, interests, and they even did a little skit for us.  Several students gave us a tour of their school too.  And of course there was time for Q & A.  They fed us good snacks too. :)

  View from the top floor of the school




 In front of the school





  When we were done at the school, we went across the street to an Italian restaurant for lunch--good food.  After that, we walked down the road to Lammsbrauerei for a brewery tour and a bit of sampling.  Instead of a free glass after the tour like you often receive in the US, they gave us a free beer to take home.  I am pleased to report that the beer made it home safely--I was a bit nervous about dragging it around Germany not to mention on the plane, but I packed it well and it made it home safely--unlike my glass Christmas tree, which was broken when I got home.  :-(  After the brewery tour--oh, the tour was pretty good, it was interesting to see everything and while I didn't love the beer samples, I did try them, and they had some juice/soda things to sample and most of those were good.










  Then it was back on the bus for a couple of hours (and one rest stop) to head to Geisa.  Oh My Gosh.  Our hotel was goregeous!  I loved my room.  I think I could have stayed their the rest of the trip.  We got settled and then four of us went wandering around the small town for a little while.  On the way back to my room, I stopped for a strawberry gelato (only 1 Euro!).


 Below are pictures from our stroll around Geisa







No comments: