Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Random Thoughts from the Gym

So today's comments are rather random and not necessarily related to each other in any way except that I thought of them while at the gym this week. Here we go...

Does it bother anyone else when people come out of a bathroom stall and don't wash their hands? I'm not a germ phobe or anything, but I was raised that after you go the bathroom you wash your hands. The other day someone went the bathroom, came out, and walked right past the sink. I'm not talking people under the age of six who really might need a reminder, but does anyone else find this weird or am I just crazy? Okay, I know I'm crazy, but you know what I mean, I hope.

Why don't aerobics instructors get thirsty and why don't they sweat? So I've been taking aerobics classes at the gym for at least four years, maybe five, I forget when exactly I started. We'll call it 4ish. A few I've tried here and there, but there is one class I've regularly attended for the past 4ish years. The instructors of this class have changed a few times. They're all different from each other, though they are nice and good instructors, but you know what else they have in common? They never seem to need water. I sneak over to my water bottle at least three or four times in an hour class and snag a few sips. I don't full out stop working out, I just dash over in between songs and march in place while I sip. These instructors never seem to drink water and sometimes they don't even sweat. They seem like they're working hard, but shouldn't they be thirsty? I realize they are in MUCH better shape than I am, but still, how do they do it? I don't think I could work out for a full hour without water.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Nothing is more disgusting than people not washing their hands after using the bathroom. Then you think about everything they touch that you might also touch. And then you turn into a germaphobe with dry, cracked hands from so much hand washing.