Thursday, February 24, 2011

Am I On Candid Camera?

My gas tank was getting close to empty and since the gas station closest to me tends to be more expenisve than other local gas stations, I decided I'd go to the one near the gym Wednesday morning. So I got ready to go to the gym and tried to go to the gas station on the way. Unfortunately, there was a truck there filling the pumps so I couldn't get my gas. Not a big deal, there's another station at the end of the street. I figured I could just go there. That's the same company as the first one so I figured it'd be the same price. So I drove past the gym to the next gas station and guess what? I couldn't get gas there either! They had the pumps blocked off because they were waiting for a truck. I was slightly annoyed, but someone had told me the gas station near where I get my oil changed has more affordable gas so I figured I'd go there. Too bad I didn't think of that two days ago when I got my oil changed, but fair enough, I'd go there and then I could run one errand. Actually, there were a few errands I could have run, but I was in my gym clothes and there are few places I like to go when I'm in my gym clothes besides the gym. So I drove ten minutes down the road to the gas station that was supposed to be even cheaper than the ones near the gym and I kid you not, ALL the pumps had out of order signs on them. I guess they were waiting for a truck to come with gas too. At this point I started looking for the "Punked" camera. Had I reached some new celeberity status (um, yeah, that's it) that Ashton had decided to punk me? Then I thought perhaps "Candid Camera" was coming back on tv and maybe I was on that because seriously, who goes to three gas stations and can't get gas at ANY of them? I ran my one errand and then went back to the gym--btw I still couldn't get gas at the station as the truck was still there. So I did my workout and then figured I'd just pay the extra money at the station near me. The few cents I was going to save were now probably wasted driving all over the city looking for a gas station that actually had gas. However, as I was passing by the gas station to get on the highway, the truck was gone and I was finally able to get my gas for less than the station closest to me. The moral of the story: Well, I'm not sure there is one, perhaps sometimes it's better to just pay more money and get the gas right away and other times it's better to just be patient or perhaps you should go to the gym then try to get gas. Let's hope next week I can get my gas on the first attempt, not the fourth. :)

1 comment:

jess said...

i've decided that even if the gas at one place is 10cents cheaper than another? if i put 10 gallons in my car (which is usually how much i need because my tank is only 11 gallons) i only save 1$.
okay, so that's not as much a decision as it is math... but you know what i mean.
so i just go to the closest place possible (as long as it's not BP) because if i fill up once a week i save (or spend an extra, depending on which way you look at it) 4$ a month... and that's just not worth the stress of driving around with my gas light on.