Sunday, March 27, 2011

Reflections from a Fake Vegan Day 6: Maintain Your Willpower

Do you like how it's taking me nearly a month to write about a one week experience? Life just seems to keep getting in the way of blogging. I think I'm doing too much, but anyway...day 6 of vegan week went okay. I had to pass on an offer to go out to dinner because the menu didn't have anything vegan on it. Per usual breakfast and lunch went well. I safely snacked and for dinner I made rice for the first time in years. I mixed some pineapple and veggie burger in with it to give it a little something. It wasn't bad. I was hosting a party the following night so I baked a bunch of stuff for that on Friday night (day 6). I was tempted to sample many of the things I made, but I knew in 24 hours I'd be able to enjoy them so I restrained myself. I was kind of surprised about what I did and didn't miss. Yes, I missed my milk, but I also missed things like cheese and butter. I wanted to put butter on my zucchini bread and I would have loved to have put a piece of cheesy on my veggie burger. Considering my huge sweet tooth, I was surprised I wasn't craving sweets more often. I think the fact that I purposely didn't keep too many in the house that week helped. Had they been around, I may not have had sufficient willpower, but since they weren't there, I didn't have to worry about sneaking them. I'm somewhat curious about whether I could handle going vegan in the summer because in the summer I really like ice-cream. How do vegans go without ice-cream for life? Don't they know what they're missing? I know, I know, they probably think I'm crazy for eating animal product, but ice-cream is so good. :) I'll try not to take a month to write about the last day of vegan week. And until then, have a good one!

No comments: