Wednesday, November 7, 2012

And then one day I decided I liked candles

I didn't used to like candles.  Okay, it's not that I didn't like them, it's more that I never used them.  People often gave me candles as gifts for various things and I put them in a closet, cabinet and there they stayed.  And then one day I became a home-owner and I discovered a use for candles.  You'll still never see me put candles on my Amazon wish list or any Christmas or birthday lists, but I actually like them now and I use them.  Maybe that's not such a good thing because recently Mom and I made a trip to the Yankee Candle factory.  I'd been there several years ago with my now-fiance, but she'd never been and mentioned wanting to go.  So we took the several hours drive out there.  It was a nice, pretty ride.  We joked that we looked crazy walking around lifting up all kinds of candles and smelling them, but everyone else was doing it too.  Where else can you go and just randomly smell all kinds of things like that?  Well, I liked a bunch of them and I had a coupon for either $15 or $20 off a $35 purchase so I bought too many votives, as in 24.  As in I shouldn't need to buy candles again for years.  Oh, well, at least my house will smell nice.  If you had told me three or four years ago that I'd buy 24 votive candles in a day, I'd probably ask you if you were on drugs or were just crazy.  Who knew! 

No comments: