Friday, April 12, 2013

Dish 29 Sweet Potato Casserole

This one was GOOD.  One of my co-workers brought some for lunch to share with a few of us earlier in the year.  It was delicious so of course I asked her for the recipe.  The first time I made it, I didn't do a terribly good job with the mashed sweet potatoes (I didn't let them cook long enough) so while it turned out okay, it was a little chunky.  I made it another week or two later and had much better results--good thing since I was having company when I made it.  The company liked it too.  I've made it one or two other times since then, including most recently on Easter.  The main ingredients are mashed sweet potatoes, brown sugar, milk, butter, and pecans.  I think I'm forgetting something, but those are some of the big things.  So it's sweet, but not obnoxiously sweet.  :-) 

No comments: