Friday, April 26, 2013

Donuts, Cookie Dough, and bye bye extra room in my jeans

On Day 2 of my Arizona trip, I was treated to a delightful (and large) breakfast.  Options included: donuts, French toast casserole, fruit, bagels, juice, bacon, and I think I could have had eggs if I'd wanted.  I like eggs, but there were plenty of options as it was.  I confess I ate too much (1 donut, a small piece of French Toast casserole, 1 piece of bacon, and fruit).  Normal breakfast for me is either: a serving of Cheerios (I actually measure it out) or a bagel or English Muffin with some sort of spread (usually cream cheese or peanut butter).  Once in a while on weekends, I'll splurge and make scrambled eggs or pancakes or French toast.  But not all of them.  On days when I want to be healthy I'll have a spinach pineapple smoothie (it's actually quite good, though I know it sounds weird).  I hadn't had a donut in months, in fact it's possible it's been longer than that.  I ate 2 while I was in AZ. I'm lucky I only gained one pound that whole trip with all the delicious unhealthy food I ate.  Hopefully, I don't gain any more!  Speaking of food, lunch was grilled cheese and French fries.  Dinner:  Crock-pot orange chicken, zucchini (okay that part was healthy), rice, and a glass of wine.  Dessert:  cookie dough.  Yes, cookie dough.  Natalie had a recipe for eggless cookie dough that was safe to eat straight.  There were five of us in her house and one of those people didn't eat any.  She doubled the recipe and still the cookie dough was gone before Wednesday.  I fear I am no longer going to be in first place in The Biggest Loser contest I am participating in because I have to weigh in in less than one week.  I'm going to have to eat lettuce for the next 5 days!  By the way in case you are wondering why I only blogged about food and not about any of the fun things I did on Day 2, the truth is I haven't uploaded my pictures yet, but I had time to blog so I figured I'd get a post in.  I'll try to load the pictures soon so I can blog about things besides food.  I ate a lot of good food on vacation, but I did fun things too.  In the mean time, I need to go burn some calories.      

No comments: