Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm Not the Only One With a Bad Sense of Direction

So I recently went to Arizona to visit a friend from college.  I had a great time and you can (eventually) expect to read about it in future blog postings.  For now, I'd like to whine about the flight out.  The flights themselves weren't terrible, a little bumpy and one was late leaving (but I managed to make my connecting flight--thank goodness it was close by, and at a smaller airport--flash back to the two times I've had to RUN through the terminal in Atlanta), but I'm not sure how the airlines think sometimes.  They made me go south to go north to go south again.  Does that seem confusing to anyone else?  I'm fine with not having a direct flight, but you'd think they could at least head me in the right direction and stop somewhere in the middle instead of all over the places before heading me in the right direction.  I suppose it could be worse.  I once met a woman in Seattle who had to fly from Seattle to NY via Atlanta (um, what?!  I know my geography isn't that great, but come on, that's a little ridiculous).  I also don't know what my deal was, but I was getting RESTLESS on the flight.  I had a book, my music, etc., but I was struggling.  There are places I want to visit that are more than 12 hours away and if I was getting restless on a flight that wasn't really that long, it makes me wonder how the heck I'll manage a 12 hour flight some day.  See I can't sleep on a plane--even if I'm exhausted and woke up BEFORE 5am, I still can't fall asleep on the plane.  Fall asleep in a car, no problem (don't worry, I wasn't driving), but put me on a plane, make me tired, and still the sleep will not come.  Even if it's a red eye, but I am getting way off topic so good night for now.   

No comments: