Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Another Wedding Blog: The Church Stuff

This blog is a little random and all over the place, but the underlying theme is church stuff.  So as you may remember, I'm getting married in a church.  My fiancé and I took that test back in March and we were quite nervous to get our results since he misunderstood some of the questions. Well, a little over a month after we took the test, we got our results and we didn't do so badly.  In fact the woman who went over the results with us was a sweetheart and found it kind of funny that Mike misunderstood the drug use question.  One less thing to worry about
We met with the church coordinator a few weeks after that and things went well, except that as we were leaving the church coordinator noticed I had a flat tire.  Trying to find someone to change a flat at 8:00 on a Wednesday night proved challenging, but not impossible.  We got it sorted out and I was able to successfully get to work the next day. 
And on a final church related note, we now have no idea who is marrying us.  The priest that was going to marry us switched churches.  The assistant priest was going to marry us, but he was just reassigned so hopefully, the new priest who started this past weekend (who we have not met) will marry us.  A part of me is wondering if I'm going to show up at the church for my wedding and all the guests will be there and there will be no priest.  Then what do we do?  Maybe there'll be a JP in the audience?  :-)

No comments: