Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Political Ads


I try not to mix politics and blogs, but this one is irritating me so I'm throwing it out there.  In the past two weeks, I have gotten the same ad approximately 6 times (maybe it was only 5, but either way, that's a lot of times to send the same ad).  It is some political group encouraging me to call Senator X and tell Senator X that Y is bad.  It also complains about the way Senator X voted for stuff in the past.  For the record, let me state that I am registered as undeclared (much to my father's dismay, I think he nearly had a heart attack, when I registered to vote and did not wish to declare a party), but I do try to vote in every election.  Anyway, these ads are in color and on heavy paper.  As someone who has had to print, copy, and distribute ads for my job, I know that heavy paper and colored ink are NOT cheap so if these people are sending me this ad 6 (or maybe only 5) times, I imagine they are doing the same thing to many others, right???  How much money are they spending?!  Couldn't they take all that money they are spending on repetitious ads and actually use the money to SOLVE SOME OF THE ISSUES they are so concerned about.  I googled them and they have something about prosperity on their website.  Is it very prosperous to send the same ad 5/6 times???  I think not, but what do I know!    So their ads go straight to my recycling bin, but now I'm thinking I could be creative with them.  I could give them to my neighbors for their fire place in the winter.  I could use them to catch dripping paint for painting projects.  I could bind them all into a book and then mail them back to the people that sent them.  What do you think?  Got any creative ideas for me?   

No comments: