Monday, July 21, 2014

The Challenges Of Make Up

I think I may have mentioned on here before that I don't wear make up too often.  I'm sure I'd look better with it, but I'm lazy.  Getting up at 6:30 is early enough thank you, I am NOT getting up any earlier to put on make up.  I wear make up to work 11 times a year.  This year I wore it 12 times because of my work bridal shower. I will wear it if I'm going out some place nice in the evening or if I'm going to a wedding or party or whatever.  But on a typical day like today for example when I am not working and spending much of today cleaning and reading, there is no make up on this face.  So given my limited make up knowledge, I was NOT doing my own wedding make up.  After some research I found a place that was only slightly obnoxiously expensive as opposed to obnoxiously expensive as most other places were.  I went for my trial appointment last Friday and the woman was very nice.  I warned her that I do not wear a lot of make up and I am indecisive.  She was nice and patient, but my right eye would not stop watering.  My allergies were out of control--yet only in one eye, strange.  Anyway, despite my misbehaving eye she did what she could and assured me she would get waterproof make up for the wedding day--yes, please!  Because combine allergies with a girl who cries at everything and I'm going to need it!  Well, I had a few friends over that evening and they said the make up looked good, but by the end of the evening, my eye was watering up so much that I started to look like a raccoon.  A little later I morphed into a baseball player.  One of my friends asked if I was getting ready to try out for the Red Sox.  Bring on the waterproof! 

No comments: