Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Bachlorette Party

So a while back, I mentioned that my bachelorette party was coming up, but in typical me fashion, I got busy with life and never blogged about it.  Despite my nerves and my not wanting to wear a bathing suit, I had a wonderful weekend.  Three of us went up on a Friday night.  We had dinner near our hotel then hung out at the hotel for a little while before bed time.  The next morning it was off to Aqua Zumba, which turned out to be quite fun--despite having to wear a bathing suit in public (well, semi-public).  I didn't know anything about Aqua Zumba, but it's basically Zumba in the water.  I usually go to Zumba twice a week (though the past couple of weeks, I've only made it once a week, because I keep having appointments, meetings, etc. during one of the classes) so my maid of honor thought it would be a fun thing for me to do.  After that, it was back to the hotel, where one of my friends had brought/made enough food to feed a small army.  It was good!    We hung out for a bit then went on a boat ride.  I have to confess I was worried about the weather because when we got up that morning it was not pretty, but by the time we went on the boat, it was pretty nice out.  After the boat ride, it was back to the hotel for drinks and a game called The SoonlyWed Game.  In this game, a couple of my friends asked my fiancĂ© some questions ahead of time and videotaped his answers.  I had to guess his answers.  There are different things you can do for right or wrong answers.  In my case, my maid of honor had made stickers that made her think of me (i.e. milk because I drink a lot of milk, ballet shoes because I do ballet, purple shoes because I like purple, etc.).  If I got a question wrong, I  had to wear a sticker all night.  If I were right, I had to give a sticker to someone.  Let's just say I had to wear quite a few stickers.  Some of my fiancĂ©'s answers were a little (okay a lot) off from what I though he'd say. My married friends assured me that in that game this was normal as they'd scored similar right/wrong answers when they'd played.  After the game and a little more hanging out, we went to dinner.  Then it was out for a few drinks.  All in all it was a fun night.  I'd post pics, but my camera battery died and I charged it and no luck.  I think it's time for a new battery so that's on this week's to do list. 

No comments: