Friday, July 4, 2014

Thanksgiving in April

I meant to post this in April, but then life got in the way and it didn't happen.  Better late than never, I suppose, right?  We had a lot of snow this winter.  It took a long time for it to melt.  If you know me at all or if you've read some of my previous posts, you know I like to decorate for the holidays--not just Christmas, but Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, etc.  Anyway, I have a Thanksgiving turkey decoration that I put outside in early November.  Normally, I take it down in late November or early December.  This year, I guess I forgot to take it down.  It snowed, it snowed again, it snowed a lot.  Eventually, the snow melted, by sometime in April it was finally almost gone.  One day I got in my car to go to work and something caught my eye.  I wondered, what in the world is that?!  Let me remind you it was APRIL!  I walked over to the front of my house and there was the Thanksgiving turkey.  OOPS!  It's not uncommon for me to put my decorations away for various holidays and find a stray one left behind a couple of days later, but not over 4 months later.      

No comments: