Friday, March 1, 2013

An Update on Chocolate (or Lack Thereof) and Wedding Stuff

I'm pleased to report that I have good news in both non-chocolate land and wedding land.  Days 7-15 remained chocolate free, though there were some temptations including a cupcake (which I gave to one of my co-workers), cookies that my fiance bought again (grr), which I did NOT eat, AND a baby shower that featured some DELICIOUS LOOKING cupcakes, including chocolate ones.  There was some discussion about whether or not the red velvet ones had chocolate in them (I thought they did, but one of my friends said they don't, does anyone know?).  So I went for the cheesecake-like pie concoction that had fruit on the top and a few strawberries that had a cheese-cake like topping on them.  Fortunately, there was PLENTY of food at the baby shower so not having a cupcake wasn't too bad.  Unfortunately, Wednesday night, I was craving something sweet and I made monkey bread, which doesn't have chocolate in it, but it's so unhealthy, but so yummy.  I had to workout for 20 minutes after I ate it to make up for going over my calorie limit.  I am determined to do better with the calories (mainly because there's money involved; one of my friends organized a biggest loser contest). 
On an unrelated note, in wedding news, we think we've picked a dj.  One more thing to check off the list.  The list by the way makes me cry just a little each time I look at the total cost.  Let's not think about that right now...Focus on the positive.  :-) 

No comments: