Saturday, January 11, 2014

And now back to Wedding Talk

With the 30 pictures in 30 days, you've been spared from wedding news.  So here's a quick update on the dress situation.  I told you I went shopping at the end of August, but did not buy one.  I went again in early October.  This time I went with Mom, my maid of honor, and another bridesmaid (not the same one from last time because she was out of town).  We all went through and pulled out dresses and I began trying them on.  By the end I wasn't sure who picked which dress or whether I had tried on this one or that one yet or not, there were so many (I even found one that I sort of liked, but it turned out my bridesmaid had worn it to her wedding--oops!  needless to say I did not try that on).  The salespeople were very nice and very patient, no pressure.  Of course some I liked were out of my price range.  I tried on a whole range of styles, some were strange.  I did everything from mermaid, to lace, to high high neck, to tulle to things that looked more like mother of the bride (or in one case grandmother--no offense to grandmothers, it was just a style from that generation) to stuff that looked more like nightgowns to who knows what.  I finally (amazingly!) narrowed it down to two dresses.  One I really liked but it was about double what I wanted to spend on a dress.  The other one I liked too and I liked the price better.  I didn't want to be cheap, but I didn't want to be broke.  So I tried them both on again and the less expensive one actually looked a little better.  I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince myself of that because of the price or what, but my friends and Mom assured me it looked good so I decided to sleep on it and come back on Monday (it was a Saturday) if I wanted the dress.  And I'm going to end on a cliffhanger to make you come back and read my blog tomorrow to see what I decided.  :-)   

No comments: