Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pre Shed to Wed Prep Continues

So I'm starting to get in the groove for Shed to Wed.  Today went okay, but I still ate too many calories.  I did, however, manage to say no thank you when someone offered me a cookie today.  Unfortunately, then I ate one at home tonight.  My fiancé had some left from his "last sweets run."  I was able to unload my leftover Chocolate Crunch Bars on my co-workers at lunch time today.  Tomorrow, I will bring them some leftover sea salt chocolate covered caramels--or something like that.  Someone put them in my Christmas stocking and I ate some, but if I'm going to get real with this healthy eating thing, I need to have fewer sweets around.  I absolutely hate wasting food so I can't bring myself to throw these sweets away, hence why I keep bringing them to work.   I am also contemplating doing one vegan week again.  You may remember I did that awhile back (well, I almost did it, I unintentionally ate a few pieces of non-vegan food that week, two things I thought were vegan weren't, I broke down and had a glass of milk, and there was one other thing, which I forget). The problem is trying to figure out when to do it.  I've been invited to a friend's house for dinner early next week and that weekend I signed up to go to this pizza dinner thing.    And I just got invited to another dinner the following Monday.  So it may be February before I give it a go.  Maybe I'll do half a week of vegan eating next week and try for a whole week after my dinner engagements.  We'll see.  I love seafood, but what was hardest for me when I tried going vegan for a week (two years ago) was the dairy.  I eat/drink so many things with dairy.  I'm pretty sure I could never be a real vegan, but once in a while as a cleanse type thing is okay.  I did exercise again today.  I was SO LAZY this past weekend, that I haven't worked out since Friday, but today it was back on track.  Now if I can just drink two more glasses of water and walk 900 steps (both are totally doable) before bed, I'll be off to a good start in the water dept and 10,000 steps daily dept.  Until next time, have a good one all! 

No comments: