Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Annual Winter Rant

So if you know me at all, you know I do not like winter.  The only things in winter I enjoy are Christmas and the surrounding festivities, fun Feb work events,  MLK weekend, the few days I have off in Feb, and those few days when it warms up and you think spring is almost here (of course then Mother Nature slaps you in the face and it's freezing again).  Shoveling, constantly being cold, and of course driving in the snow/ice are things I CANNOT stand.  But I decided to jazz up this year's rant on winter with a new little list about why winter stinks (especially compared to summer, I'll take 90 and humid any day over negative something).

In no particular order, here are some reasons I do not enjoy winter: 

-I nearly need a walking stick to get to the mailbox (it's so darn icy)
-Potholes ('nuf said)
-There is not enough parking at the gym because when they plow the snow they feel the need to cover an entire row of spots (and let's not even talk about how hard it is to get a decent machine at the gym in Jan, I applaud everyone for working out, but it's annoying when you're used to getting the machines you like)
-Salt+black pants (really?  How do I manage to get salt on my pants every winter?)
-My job only involves being outside for approximately 30 minutes a week, which isn't that bad, except when it's cold then those 30 min feel LONG
-Snowbank Roulette (my street is narrow and though this year is better, there is limited space to put the snow so I have to decide do I want to hit the snowbank behind me, the one to the left or the one to the right when I pull out of my driveway)
-I can't get warm (car takes a long time to warm up--like I'm half way to work before it warms up, house isn't that warm though I sure try to crank that heat, and I swear they turn the heat off at 3:30 at work and I'm often working at the computer next to the drafty window 'til well past 3:30)
-My heating bill is nearly as much as my mortgage
-There are times I literally don't feel like going out because it involves being cold
-My fiancé waking me up at 4:00 in the morning because his car is frozen shut (good thing I love him because I do NOT love 4am)

Mother Nature, can you PLEASE send us warm weather soon, like NOW?  PLEASE.  Thanks!  Stay warm everyone.  If I weren't saving for a wedding, I'd be researching a warm vacation right now. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ha! These are totally unfamiliar problems to me. Winter is the best here in AZ! And by winter, I mean January, when it's in the 60's and 70's during the day. But I can make a ranty list that will knock your socks off come July.