Monday, January 20, 2014

Pre Shed to Wed

This past weekend I went away for the weekend with some good friends to celebrate a friend's birthday.  The weekend primarily involves:  eating, drinking, relaxing, eating, playing board games, movies, reading, playing games on phones or other electronic devices, hanging out, talking/laughing with friends, and did I mention eating?  Pretty much every couple of hours someone is preparing breakfast or lunch or dinner or some snack or other.  It's a great weekend to relax, spend time with friends, and escape the real world, but a bad weekend for a diet.  My fiancé and I wanted to start getting in better shape for our upcoming wedding.  We contemplated doing what everyone else does and start a New Year's diet.  But then we figured there was NO way we'd eat healthy this weekend so we decided to wait until after this weekend is over to attempt what I am calling Shed to Wed.  Well, let me tell you I lived it up this weekend with cookie cake, Oreo balls, Chocolate Crunch Bars, chips, Tostitos, dips--basically all kinds of (delicious) junk food.  My fiancé made one last sweets run when we got home today.  He bought cookies for himself and a cookie cup for me.  After unpacking, cleaning, etc. I began cleaning out the kitchen cabinets.  I put all of the sweets in a pile on the counter.  I plan to bring some of them to work tomorrow.  Some of my co-workers and I have this habit of unloading leftover junk food (and healthy food too from time to time) on each other.  I have a small candy bowl on the coffee table that I usually don't eat from often, but my friends' kids tend to like it so I may keep that there for them or I may bring that to work too.  So basically this week's goals are to try to get rid of the sweets (don't make me give up sweets AND salt at the same time--one thing at a time people) and drink eight glasses of water a day (I seem to be stalling out at 6 or 7 each day--they say you should drink 8 if you want to lose weight).  I'm doing well with exercising--this weekend excluded, but exercise has not really been a problem, I just get in ruts where I do the same exercises instead of mixing it up, so I want to keep that up and make sure I walk 10,000 steps a day (I have a pedometer).  I figure if I put all this in my blog, I'll have some accountability.  So wish me good luck.  I have my first dress fitting in a little over a month--thankfully that is just for a hem so I don't have to panic quite yet.  In the mean time, unless you are inviting me over for dinner and want me to bring a dessert, I am not baking again until my annual St. Patrick's Day party.  Here's to getting healthier.      

No comments: