Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Confessions of a Fake Vegan Returns: Epic Fail!

So as you know I'm attempting to eat healthier.  I thought as part of that I'd do a vegan week again (you may remember I did that a while back).  I wanted to start sooner rather than later, but looking at the calendar, I don't have a full week without dinner plans any time too soon.  I was invited to a friend's house for dinner last night (I wasn't going to be like so I'm being a vegan for one week, can you please replan your whole menu?).  I got invited to someone's house for dinner one night next week.  The following week I have a work party (bought my ticket, plan to eat and get my money's worth and we are not going to a vegan restaurant).   Going to another friend's house for dinner one week the week after that.  Anyway, I decided, well, I'll just do half a week eating vegan and go for a full week later in the month.  I decided to start today and end Friday night (you guessed it, have plans Friday night and not sure there will be vegan options where we're going).  So I was careful, did my research, had a vegan breakfast, had salad for lunch and didn't even put croutons on it because I wasn't sure those were okay.  Switched from my usual dressing to a vegan friendly one.  And then for dinner I ate a veggie burger.  I was feeling pretty proud of myself UNTIL I found out the veggie burger IS NOT VEGAN.  What the heck?!  After that, I got annoyed and ate something with dairy and I drank some milk.  If I've failed, might as well fail all out.  I mean it's my own fault for not looking, but you'd think a VEGETABLE burger would be vegan.  Who knew!  So I will try again tomorrow and see if I can go Wed, Thurs, and 2/3 of Friday (dinner plans Fri night).  Then later in the month, perhaps I will try a full week again.  I don't know how vegans do it.  I could never really be a vegan.  I think I could MAYBE do vegetarian, though I'd sure miss my seafood.  I make chicken meals, which I enjoy, but I could give them up--I think.  Eggplan parm is just as good to see as chicken parm and I could probably substitute zucchini in my chicken crescent roll casserole, but I'm just not sure I could do without my ocas. sushi or fish and chips.  But I tell ya' I could not go without my dairy.  Love my milk and cheese too much.  And a lot of foods have milk and eggs--including veggie burgers apparently, but ironically, not Oreos (too bad I'm not a huge Oreo fan) so I don't think I'd make it as a vegan.  But for 2  2/3 days maybe just maybe I can do it.  And then maybe I can do it for a full week!  I'm sure you'll be reading about it in a future blog.  :) 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I don't want to be all preachy and tell you what to do, but if you want any tips on how to lose weight, ask me. I refuse to just give unsolicited advice though, so I'm not going to. But I have 1 million helpful tips I could give you. They are the complete opposite of vegan though.