Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Day 23 An Emotional Farewell And Eating My Way Through Galway

We only had a half day of class on day 23.  It was an emotional one.  All the groups did their presentations, there were farewell speechs from the staff, farewell gifts from us to the staff, and many tears shed.  Our class really connected.  For the most part, people got along well with each other and hung out with each other outside of class all the time.  I guess that doesn't happen every year.  Nor do the staff receive farewell flowers and gifts every year.  When class was over, no one rushed out like usual.  Instead people lingered to chat, hug, etc.  Maybe it sounds silly or even ridiculous to you, but it's amazing how much you connect and bond with people in such a short time.  I think I cried at least three times that morning.  It's one of the only times in my life I've been sad that at class is over.  But eventually, we did leave and headed in town to eat and shop.  I finally tried an empanada.  I had the vegetarian one.  It was delicious. Then I split a crepe with Shaun.  YUM!  A little shopping then off to the tea room for hot chocolate and carrot cake.  On the way there, we walked through a car show.  Then one more store where we ran into one of the actresses from the previous night's show.  Eventually, it was back to the dorm to pack, nap, and fill out our end of class survey.  That night we had dinner at a pub next to the dorm then went in town for one last night out.  There were drinks, pictures, laughs, and good times.  We stayed out 'til after 1, but had to leave eventually as we were leaving the dorms at 7:30 the next day.  There are also a few shots from campus included here too.
The flowers over here are so pretty!























Two of my three roommates

Kerry took Flat Stanley to Belfast for me so we had to do one last pose with my other Flat Stanley aka Sheila Laguna to commemorate our Stanley pics from the summer.





One last window visit


Practicing selfies at the window

No comments: