Friday, August 5, 2016

Day 26 Day Trip to Bath

During my junior year of college, I lived in Canada for a while.  While I was there, I befriended several people from England.  (I befriended some Canadians too, but ironically, it was the Brits I became closest with.)  I've kept in touch with a few of the girls; Facebook does make that easier and I made plans to go see my friend Amy that Monday.  She lives in the Bath area of England so I took the train to go see her on Monday.  The train ride wasn't bad.  I read a magazine and book and it only took about an hour and a half.  We had a lovely day.  We grabbed tea for her and a smoothie for me, then did a bus tour of Bath.  Then we wandered around inside the Bath Abbey.  After that, we had afternoon tea--delicious food and pretty location.  I even tried tea again--still don't really like it. I had a chocolate flavor, which I think may have appalled Amy as she much prefers the tradional type teas.  After filling ourselves with scones, sandwiches, and desserts, it was off to see Amy's beautiful house.  She has a gorgeous place.  They are doing some renovations so it's going to be even nicer when it's done.  She has a nice yard with some woods there so we took a short walk through the woods.  I also got to see her wedding pictures.  :-)    The day flew.  I wished I'd booked a later train, but such is life.  All good things must come to an end.  So I took the train back to London and had another quiet evening in my hotel room.


No comments: