Friday, August 12, 2016

Day 31 The Dog Days of Summer

Day 31 was my last full day in England.  Although I was looking forward to seeing my husband, I was not looking forward to the long flight or going back to reality.  I always get sad after vacation ends, even though this was a combo working vacation followed by a regular vacation, I was still a little sad to be done the next day.  We had a leisurely morning then decided to go take Wolfie for a walk on a local trail.  After the walk, we stopped by a pub that allowed dogs outside.  I tried the cider that Luke suggested and the three of us got sweet potato fries and french fries to munch on.  We were going to a BBQ later that afternoon so we just wanted something to munch on.  When we were done our fries and drinks, we went to the grocery store to grab some stuff to bring to the BBQ then headed back to the house.  Not too much later, it was off to the BBQ.   I had met many of Karen's friends who were at the BBQ the last time I visited her.  As someone who loves to travel, I enjoyed hearing about their trips.  There was good food, lots of hummus (half the people who attended brought hummus--I like hummus so no complaints here), and drinks.  A few hours into the BBQ, Karen's vet called and asked her to call back because he had results from one of Wolfie's tests.  The blood test had come back and everything looked normal, but they were still waiting on the swabs.  Since the blood test had been fine, no one was expecting anything to show up on the swabs.  The vet's message sounded urgent though so that was concerning.  It took a little while, but Karen finally got ahold of the vet and we left the BBQ so she could go get new medicine from the vet.  Based on the swabs, they finally figured out what was wrong with him and what medicine he would need.  We were quite impressed that the vet was still at work on a Saturday evening and stayed 'til we got there to pick up the medicine.  Then it was back home where we watched a couple of episodes of a British show called "Gavin & Stacey" (after Karen and Luke administered the medicine of course).  The show was really funny.  And Wolfie seemed to be getting his energy back.  He was certainly a memorable part of my trip.  (Does the title of this post make sense now?  I'm so funny--no, I'm not.)  And then it was bed time and the trip was nearly over.

No comments: