Tuesday, August 10, 2010

7:00 on a Saturday? No Thank You!







So my last day in Vegas was a Saturday, which meant my friend didn't have to work, which should have meant I could sleep in. Now, when I am on vacation and want to see new things, I don't necessarily feel as strongly about sleeping in on a Saturday as I do back in the real world, but I'd been getting up early most days over vacation and we had no set plans so I was not opposed to sleeping in, but could I? NO! Why? Soccer! I actually kind of enjoyed watching some of the World Cup games. I found them more enjoyable than oh say football. So I don't dislike soccer, but I do not feel the need to watch it at 7am. My friend was born in Argentina so he is a big Argentina fan and wanted to see Argentina play at 7am. He even invited some of his friends over--and they actually came at that hour on a Saturday! Shouldn't they be sleeping too? Good thing we just had to watch tv because I was half asleep and not in the mood to be social at 7am. I did my best to cheer for Argentina (since the US was long since out of the running), but they lost, by four goals I think. It was kind of depressing, more depressing that I was up that early to watch a team I didn't know anything about lose. However, the "party" ended by 9 or 10am so I got to take a nap then we went to Red Rock Canyon, which was pretty and then downtown to Freemont St (I think that's what it was called). After a drink and an appetizer, we walked around and my friend told me since I was in Vegas, I "had to play Roulette or Black Jack." I reluctantly agreed to try Roulette (am I spelling that correctly?). It was a $20 minimum, hello, I only play 2 cent slot machines and you want me to spend $20?! Are you serious? I need to save my money to buy my new home in less than a month, but I gave in and agreed to play. I won $35 on the first hand so I asked if I could quit, but my friend wouldn't let me! Good thing I got a free dinner that night. And in the grand scheme of things, I really didn't spend that much money so I shouldn't complain about losing $20, but aren't you supposed to quit when you're ahead? Plus as you can probably tell I complain a lot. :-p The next day it was back to Boston. I have to say flying on the 4th of July is kind of nice. My flight from Las Vegas to Chicago was full, but I had a row to myself on the way from Chicago to Boston, it was quite nice and even though people had to work/fly on a holiday, they were quite friendly. And there we go, over a month later, I've finished blogging about my trip. Now it's on to more "joys" of homeownership.

No comments: