Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Interesting Moments in NYC

Two of my friends and I went to NYC this past weekend to visit another one of our friends. We had a fabulous time and we saw/heard some shall we say interesting things. Here's a list of a few of them:

-A crazy lady screaming at her son for a full half hour ferry ride; we finally moved to the other sisde of the boat; the kid wasn't even doing anything horrible, but apparently, she missed the lesson on using your indoor voice

-A song called Shots, that is about what else, Shots (as in drinks); I'm not really sure if I liked the song, but it kept getting stuck in my head (kind of like another song that I won't mention that a fellow blogger has managed to get stuck in my head a few times)

-Fabulous sushi at affordable prices; I thought NYC was expensive, but this place had it cheaper than NH and it was good (and I'm still alive so it must have been fairly safe)

-The idea of doing rum shots; seriously people, if you're going to do a shot, do something good; at this age what's the point of eating/drinking things you don't like unless it's something really healthy that you're supposed to eat

-A restaurant that only serves varieties of macaroni and cheese; this was the high-light of the trip for one of my friends; I never knew how much you could do with mac & cheese

-The enormous amount of shoes available to buy in NYC

-Pulling out the high school yearbook and walking down memory lane; always an interesting time

-Crazy bus driving; okay Mr. Bus Driver, I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job because I certainly wouldn't want to drive to and from NYC, but when the traffic is stopped and then starts moving at under 10mph you need to go at 10 mph and not speed up, slam the brakes, speed, slam brakes, etc. no one wants to get sick (speaking of which, I never got car sick as a child and we did many long car trips, is this a sign that I'm getting old or can I blame the bad bus driving?)

-Being given a small soda when I ordered french fries; I totally understand that people make mistakes, but I said fries twice and said nothing about soda. Weird.

1 comment:

jess said...

nice try on not mentioning the song... it's still stuck in my head! because i was like "another song i won't mention that... ohhh... circle in the - DAMN IT!" ha ha ha! :)
a restaurant that only serves mac and cheese sounds like HEAVEN! carbs and cheese - YUM!