Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gross Don't Tell PETA

So my condo association requires that I get an annual chimney inspection. My chimney currently has no real use as I don't have a fire place/wood stove/pellet stove/anything else that would go out the chimney so I guess its current purpose would be so some chimney inspection company can make money annually for inspecting it. Anyway, I wasn't expecting too many problems since it's not in use. Well, thankfully, I passed the inspection, BUT when the chimney inspector opened some piece of the system (no idea what the proper terminology is, some cap thing) near the ground, I saw grossness. I thought it was just a big pile of smelly dirt (I wasn't standing too close to it), but (beware this is gross) he said it was a dead raccoon! I did not move any closer. He cleaned it out for me (bless him), put a new screen around my chimney and wrote up my inspection report. I feel so bad for this poor animal. Clearly, he died long before I moved in and he really shouldn't have been trying to climb into a chimney so shame on him, but still, poor guy and YUCK! It's just gross to think about. And speaking of thinking, I noticed Jess (one of the four people that reads my blog) mentioned PETA in several of her blogs and it made me fear what PETA would think/do if they knew about this. So here's hoping this screen keeps the animals away from my chimney. I think tomorrow I will blog about more pleasant topics. :)

1 comment:

jess said...

if PETA gives you any crap, you just tell me and i will deal with those butt holes!
chimneys are raccoon magnets! ask megan about our chimney/raccoon disaster!