Sunday, August 15, 2010

Let's Try Happy Thoughts Tonight

So per usual there are many things I could complain about as I still want Andy Rooney's job, but despite my 8000 complaints, I'm trying to be more optimistic today and think happy thoughts. Tonight is my first night in my new home; at some points, it felt liked I'd never get here and although there is still a lot of work left to do, it's finally starting to look like a real home. This is partially because of some people I hired to do stuff, a little because of my hard work, but also because I have some awesome friends and family members. A good friend of mine who has been like a big brother to me and who used to be my neighbor moved to Florida (I am still mad at him for doing that) and didn't want to take his fairly new living room set so he gave it to me as a house-warming present. Who does that? He's as good guy. You rock Tony, thank you! That may be the only good thing about him moving to Florida--I got his furniture. hee hee Friday, three of my friends helped me (okay let's face it, they really did most of the work; I stood there and held, screws, made small talk, and smiled a lot) move the aforementioned living room set to my new home. Another friend and one of my cousins got me some deals on furniture. My mom, aunt, and Mike have helped me in numerous ways both big and small. Many thanks! "The boss" hooked me up with some repair people at good prices. Mr. C has improved my toilets, replaced my garbaged dispsoal, and tried to clean my roof--had it not been so slippery, I think he would have done it, but it was too slippery so instead he ended up with minor injuires. :( Mr. H delivered furniture, changed a light fixture to one from this decade, and helped with the toilet-seat fixing. Megan has answered my 8000 ?'s about the joys of owning a home. So a big thank you to all of you! Hope I didn't forget anyone. Tomorrow I may be back to complaint mode, but there's some happy thoughts for tonight. Cheers!

1 comment:

jess said...

first night in the new casa? how exciting!!!