Monday, September 27, 2010

27 Dresses aka My Life Story

I was flipping through the tv stations after my Zumba class tonight and discovered "27 Dresses" was on. If you don't know the movie, it's about a lady who is a bridesmaid 27 times. Once she even has to do two in one day. Yes, people, I know it's only a movie, but I can relate. When the movie came to the theaters a couple of years ago, one of my friends e-mailed me and said there was a movie out about my life. I've not (yet) been in 27 weddings, but I did have to go to two weddings in one day a couple of years ago. I was almost asked to be in one of those two, but when the bride found out I had another wedding that day, she decided not to ask me. Currently, I've "only" been a bridesmaid five times. I've done readings at weddings twice and I brought up the bread and wine at a wedding once so that's only nine so clearly I have a ways to go, but I still love that everyone calls 27 Dresses my autobiography. Two years ago I went to 4 weddings in 7 weeks. Yes, you read that right. Good thing I like weddings. I mean let's face it, it can get expensive between showers, dresses, bachelorette parties, and the wedding itself, but it is what it is, right? I've currently facing a lull in weddings (though there've been a fair amount of baby showers). I have two weddings to attend in 2011, but I haven't been to a wedding since 2009. So if you ever see "27 Dresses" think of me (hopefully, only nice thoughts). :)

1 comment:

jess said...

you're so lucky! i've NEVER been in a wedding (well, besides my own... but that doesn't count!!) and i am dying to be asked! i don't even care if the dress is ugly!!!