Thursday, September 2, 2010

If It Makes You Happy...The joys of owning a...bathroom

So as much as I'm finally staring to enjoy owning my own place (okay, let's be perfectly honest, I own about 20.01% of it now and the bank owns the rest so I own what like the half bathroom?), it bothers me slightly that things I once NEVER would have found exciting now greatly excite me. Okay, clearly, the bills suck and they certainly pile up when you first buy a place, but progress has finally been made so read on to see what now makes me happy in life.
-Having all but one room painted (I'll be even happier when the last room is painted)
-No longer having cracked windows
-Finally remembering to buy toilet cleaner and getting it on sale!
-Getting my vacuuming done tonight so it's one less thing to clean this weekend
-Getting two free couches an ottoman, and another piece of furniture (there is some discrepancy on what it is, if my camera were handy, I would take a picture of it and post it on here) from my awesome friend Tony. It is either a table or a seat or a really big ottoman. I will take a pic this weekend and blog about it in the future.
-Finally getting a box spring so I could sleep here (first time it didn't fit up the stairs so had to send it back and get a split, which made it up the stairs successfully, now if the store would finally credit my account and not charge me for two box springs when I only have one, I'd be completely happy)
-You've all ready read about my dryer vent, toilet seat, and fan happiness
-Having air conditioning in my bedroom for the first time in my life!
-Being able to recycle EVERY week (not because I am all hardcore about saving the earth although I agree that it's important, but every other week was too little, the recycling bin was always full after one week so by the second week it was totally overflowing).
-Finally having food in my fridge and cabinets besides water and a few snacks (since I wasn't completely living here I never bothered to grocery shop until last week; I was eating breakfast and dinner at the old place). Literally, for the first three or four days after I went grocery shopping, I would smile every time I opened the fridge because had food and drinks in it. :) It's the little things you know.
I'm sure I'm forgetting other things, but that's a start. Next time I'm in a bad mood, I may list the things that make me unhappy about owning a place, but we'll play it happy tonight. :)

No comments: