Friday, September 10, 2010

What Is It?


My neighbor moved to Florida and didn't take his living room furniture with him. He offered it to me and since it was only a couple of years old, rarely used, and free, I gladly accepted it. What a nice friend/neighbor I have. Anyway, he gave me a couch, a lovesesat, an ottoman, and...well, I'm not quite sure what the fourth piece is, nor were the three people who helped me move. Another seat? A table? A really big ottoman? Tony (my neighbor/friend/big brother--not biologically, but he was like one to me growing up) used it as an ottoman sometimes i.e. I'd be over there hanging out with him and sometimes he would put his feet on it. However, he also used it as a table sometimes i.e. I'd be over there hanging out with him and he'd put food or drinks on it. I do believe I also saw people sit on it from time to time. So I just don't know what to do with it. It's nice and all, but I'm not yet sure how to use it. (Can we say redundant sentence?) Currently it is sitting in the "fireplace ready" section of the room. I'm thinking next month when my family comes over to see the place that I will wait and see what they do with it. Will they sit on it? Will they expect me to put food on it? I doubt anyone will move it and make it into an ottoman, but one never knows. What do you think it is?










5 comments:

jess said...

my friends have a square version of this. and to answer your question... yes. :P
what i mean is, they use it for all of those things. it's like a cha-otto-able.

StephanieC said...

Our friends have a square one, and they use a wooden serving tray in the centre and it acts as a coffee table.

But the roundness of that bad boy kinda effs that up, unless you have curved couches.

And personally, I would not want to eat food that I know is sitting in the same spot someone's ass or feet were...

Seems like a lose-lose-lose battle. ;-)

Natalie said...

I would put a round serving tray on it. Put a set of coasters on the tray. End of story.

Cat said...

I will keep you all posted on whether it ends up as seats or a table at my family party on Sumnday.

Cat said...

make that Sunday