Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Is It Time to Get Up All Ready? Just One More Hour Please!

Is it just me or does anyone else find it difficult to go back to work immediately after vacation? Actually, I shouldn't even say to go to work, the going isn't so bad, it's the getting out of bed part I find torturous (sp?). I rarely swear, but when the alarm clock beeped the other day many not so nice words ran through my head in succession for several minutes. I started bargaining with well, no one, since no one was there, if I can just sleep for a little while longer or if work would just change their hours and start one hour later...Why is it so hard to get out of bed? Even if I go to bed early and get a good night's sleep 6:30 just comes so early after vacation and feels so painful. I know some of you get up long before that so you think I have it made, but yeah, getting out of bed after vacation is rough. And not being a morning person doesn't help, but what can you do, right? And to all you morning people out there, keep doing what you're doing, but forgive me if I'm not so perky until 8 or 9. :-p

1 comment:

jess said...

When I was in school my mother would start sending my brother and I to bed earlier and earlier the last week or so of vacation so that we would be slightly less zombie-like when school started. Of course, this was only in high school for me because before that I was in bed at 8am, school or no school. Seriously? That is like, child abuse or something! And I don't care what time my alarm goes off, it could be noon time, and I would still think (and lets be honest, probably SAY) several bad words!