Thursday, February 14, 2013

Confessions of a Chocoholic Day -1 and Day 1

So I'm not the most religious person in the world, but I decided to TRY to give something up for Lent this year.  I make no promises because I have unsuccessfully tried to give things up before, but this time I'm attempting to give up chocolate (with perhaps some exceptions i.e. wedding cake).  So Tuesday night (or what I'm referring to as Day -1) I decided to treat myself to something delicious that contained chocolate.  I went to the grocery store and found some mini chocolate chip cookie sandwiches.  Sounded good to me.  I bought a package and I was so excited to eat them when I got home.  I ate one and it wasn't that good so I ate another one thinking maybe that was just a bad one, no luck, had a 3rd one.  Guess what?  Still not good.  Boo!  I went to my dance class and later on that night after dinner tried another one and well, they didn't magically start tasting better.  Double boo!  So I had a half a cup of hot chocolate and got mad at myself for not picking a better treat. 
Ash Wednesday began and breakfast was not a problem.  Before lunch, someone offered me a chocolate cupcake.  I said no thank you and managed to avoid chocolate for the first time during Lent.  At lunch, one of my co-workers offered me a piece of chocolate candy.  I told her I couldn't have one and explained why and managed to not eat the candy.  I offered my co-workers some chocolate candies I had at home so I wouldn't eat them during Lent.  So all went well UNTIL Wed night.  My best friend, her husband, and their two daughters came over.  I made dinner (and a non-chocolate desesrt).  After dinner and clean up, I put out my dessert and my friend put out her...wait for it...chocolate cupcakes (with chocolate frosting).  They looked so good, but alas I did not eat one.  I ate my cheesecake bar (which was quite good and one of the dishes I made earlier in the year for the 52 recipes in 52 weeks) instead.  1 day down, how many more to go? 

No comments: